The Nightingale Housing Project
This week, we sit down with Lola Digby-Diercks of Nightingale Housing. Nightingale Housing is leading a housing revolution in our major cities by constructing multi-residential buildings that are financially, socially, and environmentally sustainable.
HERE’S WHAT YOU’LL LEARN FROM TODAY’S EPISODE:
- Some background on the Nightingale Model;
- What it means to develop driven by social, environmental, and financial sustainability;
- The Baugruppen Model and how it’s been used in Europe to date;
- How the group buys in to the project;
- Why it’s focussing on providing affordable housing for owner-occupiers;
- Complementing businesses such as not for profit cafes in the commercial spaces;
- Ensuring that commercial tenants share similar core values;
- Using a balloting system for each apartment;
- Providing housing for key service workers;
- Getting buy-in from designers and architects to have their own space in the project;
- Why Nightingale has focussed to date on Melbourne;
- Plans for the future; And
- How and where to find out more
LINKS OR ARTICLES WE MENTIONED:
SPEAKERS IN TODAY’S EPISODE
Marcus Roberts – Mortgage Broker
Michelle May – Buyer’s Agent
Lola Digby-Diercks – Nightingale Housing
ASK US ANYTHING!
ENJOY THE SHOW?
- Don’t miss an episode, subscribe viaiTunes. If you like it, please leave a review!
- Or, find us on the podcast app of your choice, such as Spotify
Please note that any views or opinions presented in this podcast are solely those of the speakers, and do not necessarily represent those of any business. These views and opinions are general in nature, and do not take account of your personal objectives, financial situation and needs. Please consider whether it applies in your circumstances and seek professional advice wherever appropriate.